Casandra J. Orgill

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lastly

I know it's a little late. 
But I think lately, I decided that's how I like things. 

I never thought my last words would be said on May 25th at 12:14pm
and I never considered May 28th to be a death date. 

To me, high school was a stepping stone.
A necessary torture to get the the next step in life. 
But there are some things that changed that assumption.
Like good music, sad hallways, regretful kissing, slow clocks, lost friendships, breathing, people who smile, art, open hearts, notes, rain on window pains, poetry, and Paris.
The list goes on
But I think high school was made to be a memory. 

I just want to say thank you for being a part of my new found memories.
Thank you for encouraging me to be an artist.
Thank you for making me laugh and making me cry. 
Thank you for lending me your eyes and your ears, I wish I could keep them a little longer. 
Thank you for putting pen to paper, never stop. 
Thank you.

I wish we could hold hands and sing about nostalgia and past lovers for a little longer,
But we are all a little too big for that now and we forgot how to hold hands 2 weeks ago. 
2 weeks ago it wasn't raining. 
2 weeks ago graduation wasn't even close enough to grab. 
2 weeks ago...
4 days 

Take a leap into the great perhaps.


Some things that were left unsaid:
-me and mckay aren't going to date or get married anytime soon, I'm sorry
-Madeline made me cry the day she read about Terik
-I've had a kinda crush on issac since the beginning of senior year, he is dating Natalie now and that is Also cool
-my art isn't even that good
-I want to be Sam Frazier when I grow up
-I actually will really miss this class and all the strings attached to it.
-I'm tired 


"It was like hearing every goodbye ever said to me - said all at once"



6 comments:

  1. you're an artist CJ and an amazing writer but I also consider that art. thanks for sharing your talents. I've known you forever but I've never known this side of you and I'm glad I got to see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be you when I grow up. Honestly you are one of the coolest, genuine, most talented people I have ever met. Seriously, every time you get up in class I whisper "she's the coolest human being" to whoever is next to me. Not even an exaggeration. Thank you so much for sharing all of your many talents with us this year.

    (also fingers still crossed that in ten years you and mckay will be married lolololol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year you were probably one my most favorite people I've met. you are so genuine and kind and loving. you are so talented in your writing and in your art. I'll miss you CJ!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Honest and fresh. And I think your art work is incredible don't sell yourself short!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cj. Imma miss you. Please don't let this be the last post.. But if it is, im totally writing you.

    I know it's a little late.
    But I think lately, I decided that's how I like things.

    Same. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

  6. But I think high school was made to be a memory. i do too

    ReplyDelete