Casandra J. Orgill

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Things Like Nature

This is for the trees.
Giving us hope for something higher.
swaying with the moonlight and our laughter.
something to hang onto.
 
This is for the snow.
The color of her lips and the way you fell in love with her.
I hope you're holding hands by Christmas eve.
So thank you to the snow for giving me something to run from.
 
This is for the clouds.
a small sanctuary for lonely eyes.
a place where daydreams fly like kites.
keeping us young.
 
This is for the rivers.
running deep into my blood and leaving nothing but beauty.
a place to let go and leave things forgotten.
somewhere to kick pebbles and the past.
 
This is for the mountains.
A place to scream.
to fear nothing but adventure.
to crave fresh air.
 
 I have always thought nature was for the lovers.
but, maybe it's for the loveless.
giving us something to hold onto, to run from, to keep us young, to let go of, and to crave.
a place to find our hearts.
 
I'm not good with words, but I think I found  a place where black tongues and white lips can fall in love.
Look around you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. "I'm not good with words..."
    LIAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically Charlotte Rose said it all. You're so good. This is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Maybe it's for the loveless"

    I love this part

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so good. I agree with everything everyone before me has said.

    ReplyDelete