Casandra J. Orgill

Sunday, December 14, 2014

losing my memories (mind)

I remember yesterday.
it was the first time I had picked up my guitar in what feels like years.
It felt like home.
And the memories of home fell back into a slightly curved smile.

I remember when all I would do was listen for a lonely whisper to match my own, 
I remember when  I kept my fingernails long enough for comfort.
I remember the way you called my darling and how Conversations always ended with a heavy heart.
I remember when I saw my dad cry. and cry. and cry.
I remember when all I wanted to do was paint because painting was simple and all I ever craved was simplicity.

I remember when I fell in love with a thunderstorm. 
I remember what you would say to me when I was sad, it was something between beautiful and forgotten.
I remember when an empty ' I love you ' meant a thousand words but one. 
I remember swinging under that big oak tree and dreaming about futures that didn't exist.
I remember the way you smiled.
don't you?
I remember cigarette smoke taking your breath away.

I remember when the world was made of hand guns. Maybe it still is.
I remember the way our parents would talk about high school.

I remember hellos, and I remember goodbyes.
I remember you, and I remember who I used to be.
I remember everyone who left.

I remember the way we laughed.
we always used to laugh.
I miss my memories. I miss our laughter.

I am trying to stand still and hold onto every memory.
but they keep slipping through my fingertips
Because some memories last longer than others.






4 comments:

  1. LOVE this more than words. it just flowed and held a simple beauty.

    "between beautiful and forgotten."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to tell you how amazing this is, you're writing and words are literally unobtainable. This is beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I remember everyone who left." This line really got to me. So good.

    ReplyDelete