Casandra J. Orgill

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

gray x8

hi,
I'm a little blue sometimes,
blue like bruises and teardrops,
hi,
I'm a little red sometimes,
Red like cherries and sweet sweet kisses.

but you,
you are gray...gray like hurricanes.

today our eyes met for half a second.
one of those first kind of half a seconds.
one of those I might see you in 5 years kind of half a seconds.
and I saw it, hurricanes. 
It was beautifully tragic.
A mysterious rain, plenty of rain, honey how do your eyes hold so much rain?

You wear striped socks and a white smile plastered on your face, trying to hide all that gray.
We are all trying to hide.
The writing on your hands,
the slightly curved Mona Lisa smile,
the almost broken knuckles,
the oversized sweaters,
and those eyes
Screaming
Because nobody wants to be gray.

But, gray is so much more than just a color.

you are so much more than just a color.
and you're getting so much closer to 1am than I ever have.

I know you want to be army green or some sort of burnt sienna.
But we both know exactly why that isn't true.
I'm not sure what I'm trying to say to you.
I don't know your story, or who you are.
I just think there is a little something more to everyone.

a little more to long car rides
a little more to fighting parents
a little more to chapped lips
a little more to you

I wonder what you see when you look outside at night,
when the trees are all bent over backwards,
when the moon looks like blood.

What do you see?

Gray.
All you can see is gray.

and I've lived my whole life not knowing how beautiful gray can be.










4 comments:

  1. I totally felt this. Great work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveddddd this. Different. Classic. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i miss you and don't know if you ever ever check this but this post is great, all your writing is and i miss you, next time your in town let me know, we should do something. anyways back to this post, i think it was written beautifully and i applaud you, i hate commenting on poems cause i cant explain how it made me felt over a keyboard but i know what you mean by this post and it was beautiful.

    -CKB

    ReplyDelete