Casandra J. Orgill

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

hopeful thinking

Here's to hopes in healing.

I hope your hearts heal.
and I hope your red, tear stained eyes heal.
I hope your broken minds heal like broken bones.
I hope you're trying to heal.
but never let those beautiful people you've forgotten heal, they need to stay with us.

Here's to hopes in remembering.

I hope you remember that the future is usually brighter than your eyes.
and I hope you remember to stop and smell the roses.
Please remember to love. love everyone.
I hope you remember the living.
I hope you remember the dead.

Here's to hopes in searching.

I hope you're searching for yourself, because you don't need to know all the answers all the time.
just who you are.

Here's to hopes in forgiveness.

I forgive you.
I forgive you.
I forgive you.

Here's to hopes in listening.

I hope you're listening to this world.
the rain, the wind, the awful blizzard outside,
and I especially hope you're listening to the people in it.

Here's to hopes in loving.

I hope you know that you're loved.
I hope you fall in love.
and I hope you love yourself.






2 comments:

  1. I hope you remember that the future is usually brighter than your eyes.

    this line and a ton of the ones after it. truly this was beautiful.. the ending was perfect.. just amazing, cj. amazing.

    ReplyDelete