Casandra J. Orgill

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Our future is in the clouds

Next year we Are all going to leave.
We all know its true.
I hear the words in the halls about applying for this and that college.
You're going to be sterling scholar.
Our high school youth will die with our small hands.
We are all going to leave and the only thing left of us will be whispers.
She has places to go and you have people you want to be.
I am sitting beneath a big tree staring into the sky wondering where I will go when I leave.
I am frightened, even terrified.
but We are all still going to leave.
and I'm going to miss it.
 
 
Decisions have to be made now and applications have to be sent asap.
Paris will only be a memory.
I'm begging it to stay, but the clock keeps ticking.
Time keeps disappearing.
We will soon be gone.
 

 
 
Now, High school Heartbreaks aren't as important as your future.
And if you don't know what you want to be, You're damned.
 
I am standing in the middle of a highway full of decisions.
Headlights blind my mind.
Everyone else knows where they are going, but I am in the middle still not sure which way to turn.
We all pretend the future isn't so close.
But it is right under our noses.
 
Keep your heart close.
 
 It is too late to die young.
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. "We all pretend the future isn't so close. But it is right under our noses."

    WAKE UP CALL: YEAR OF NO MISTAKES

    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this so much, wanted to write a post like it actually! But yours is much better written than mine could have been.
    I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So scared of what I might do in the future is ridiculous.
    So good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "She has places to go and you have people you want to be" and "its too late to die young"
    #stolen because chills, literally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Our high school youth will die with our small hands.
    We are all going to leave and the only thing left of us will be whispers."

    wow. I agree with ever flippin' word you have ever written. I LOVE your writing style. and blog.

    ReplyDelete